Sunday, October 16, 2011

Has Anyone Been To JAPAN? Is It NICE? Is It EXPENSIVE?


Has Anyone Been To JAPAN? Is It NICE? Is It EXPENSIVE?
I live here right now as an English teacher. I also lived here two years ago for a year stint as an exchange student in University.

Everywhere I have been to in Japan is great, safe, and clean. Depending on where you live and what you do, the price can vary. I've lived in both Tokyo as well as a small town. Rent, commute, and entertainment costs in Tokyo are steep. In fact, they are the second most expensive in the world, coming after London. The small town I live in now is great, and working on a Teacher's salary I can save up to $1000 USD per month. The real money killer is going out drinking, where you will blow $40 in the blink of an eye.

I hope you have the chance to come here some day - you won't regret it, even for just a vacation!
Has Anyone Been To JAPAN? Is It NICE? Is It EXPENSIVE?
Japan is great and generally expensive.
Japan is great and generally expensive.
JAPAN is both NICE and EXPENSIVE. to answer your question in a subjective manner, if you know japanese and can read it you are one of those lucky lot. else its a little bit difficult, and esp the japanese see you as 'gaijin' who never follow their rules.. so its good and bad.. good coz its not necessary to follow all the rules the japanese follow, and yet not face any criticism from the japanese, bad coz you are a gaijin !

Its really expensive in tokyo, other places I dunnomuch
Yes, nice and expensive. I lived there, and it was most of the time nice and easy. And language is a problem; spoken English is not recognized by most of the Japanese population, as I know 2% of Japanese people could speak English, maybe many Japanese could read English and even write it well, but speaking it is another matter, but at the end you will find many Japanese are very helpful.